Monday, June 16, 2008

Who am I today?


As I write this I should really be preparing for two presentations today of a reading in which I am performing: GHOSTS – THE MUSICAL. It is telling that, as fairly easy as this material has been to work on, I have gotten quite frustrated this past week whenever the reading rehearsals and homework have gotten in the way of any prep work I have been trying to accomplish for THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE. I had to end a ninety-minute phone call to the set designer in order to get to GHOSTS rehearsal on time. We could have easily talked for another hour, sorting out how to solve the problem of fitting a large, multi-setting musical that is MILLIE into the small space that is the New London Barn Playhouse. After this evening, I can focus that much more on MILLIE and I will be the happier for it. This is not an expression of ingratitude for having been asked to do this reading, I just would rather be on the other side of the table!

That being said…I’m off to sound check for GHOSTS…more about VANITIES tomorrow…

No comments: